Well, Miss Lenora is 5 months old already! I can hardly believe it.
I also can't believe I'm only one month away from my "silver medal" in breastfeeding. I can't say we have been ebf because she does eat cereal, but she has only had breastmilk... and for that, I am incredibly proud of myself! I do not have any close family or friends who have breastfed longer than a couple weeks so I hope I can be a trailblazer! I got a double pump for FREE through my insurance and then spent $100 on a used double pump for work. I walk out the door with a diaper bag, a lunch bag, a bag with my pump parts and bottles, a bag to hold my water bottle, coffee, mug, and purse.... and sometimes extra stuff. Having an extra pump I can leave at work has been a LIFESAVER!
I just put her swing in the back room. She's getting too big for it. She would probably sleep in it, but I don't trust her enough to leave her in it. She's a wiggle worm. Nora takes her best naps in our bed and sleeps a full 8-10 hours in her crib still (with the occasional exception!)
Lenora Quinn:
- Can roll back to front
- Can roll front to back
- Can almost sit up on her own
- Has just started growling at us. Yes, growling. It is the freakin cutest thing. It makes me laugh every time!
- Loves her oatmeal
- Wears size 3 diapers now
- Size 6-9/9 month clothes
- Kicks so much that she kicks off every single pair of socks we own
- Is ticklish just about everywhere on her body
- HATES to have her boogers sucked
- HATES to get dressed
- Pees like a boy (if we don't catch her quick, she will pee all over everything)
- Kicks her legs and waves her arms when she sees Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, or Grandpa
- LOVES to jump in her jumperoo!
Miss Nora has a bit of an attitude... haha. She definitely has developed her personality. I went to take this next picture for Bryan while he was at work and this is the face Nora made. I couldn't stop laughing!
Nora can almost sit up on her own. She does pretty well until she slowly leans to the side and topples over. The boppy provides her with juuuuuuust enough support to sit up on her own and she LOVES it.
Nora has mastered rolling over both ways. She is a nut ball and is on the move. She uses her legs to flip herself over. This is what happens when she goes nuts.... haha she wasn't crying when I took this. She was talking to her playmat.... Oh boy!
She loves it when I lay on the floor with her
And she still loves eating her oatmeal! We haven't tried purees yet and I think we'll wait another month. We'll see! I did give her a bite of sweet potatoes and she loved them!
I just love her little laugh <3





What a sweetheart!!!! That's so funny about the growling!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful you are still going strong with the nursing and pumping. I think I read that only 5% of women make it to 6 months. I've realized that it's so worth it to continue and plan to go as long as I can. I guess it's up to Sydney though. At least I have a great pump- makes it a lot easier!
Have a wonderful Christmas and take tons of pictures of that beautiful girl!
Nursing has become so much harder now that I'm working. Its hard to find the time to pump enough to keep up with her.
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys have s wonderful Christmas too! I'm excited to see Jax and his gifts!