Friday, August 9, 2013

Week 3

Princess is growing so fast!
She notices so much now. It's exciting (and helps me to get some stuff done around the house!) She doesn't sleep in her crib yet, but we'll get there soon enough! We moved the swing into her room which is working so far. It's nice to be able to roll over in bed or cough without fear of waking her up!
Nora loves to look at her mobile and all her toys in her crib

My mom gave Nora her first bath and she HATED it. She screamed the entire time. She cried again when Bryan gave her one, but then loved the one I gave her! I'm hoping she gets used to it because its so sad to hear her scream the entire time!
She HATED her first bath
 Chubby bunny had her doctor's appointment Tuesday afternoon! She gained almost a pound, grew 2 inches, and her noggin grew 3 centimeters! Her stats are now 8 pounds 8 ounces, 20 3/4 inches, and her head is 37cm. Everything at her appointment went well. The doctor noticed her hair getting blonde and made a comment about her furry little body!
She grew out of all of her newborn clothes and is starting to grow out of her 3 month sleepers! Her legs are so long and her feet are so big that she doesn't fit in those footed sleepers anymore. She's a sweaty girl so we've been putting her in a onesie at night.
I love those chubby little legs
She has been sleeping one 5 hour stretch in the middle of the night followed by a couple 3 hour stretches. The other night she surprised us and slept for 6 hours and then 5 hours! Woo hoo! That's not typical though... but we can hope this is leading to better sleep patterns!

Nursing is still going well. She's a little piggy and eats a ton, but that's alright with me. I was worried about my low output when pumping so I started to pump more often and drink more water. It has helped! We bring bottles when we go out so I can do what I need to do and she can still eat. Bryan loves to feed her too! She doesn't like the bottle or the pacifier more than me... so that makes me happy :)

I love it when she falls asleep on me after nursing



Sleeping next to mom in the morning

That look!

I started applying for jobs unfortunately... so hopefully something comes up soon. I don't want to leave my monkey, but we have to pay the bills! I love hanging out with her all day. She's a good girl and loves hanging out with her Momma!

She's so sweet

Hanging out with Dad

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. That's a good idea just moving the swing in to her bedroom. Sydney seems to hear my every move at night so I may just transition her straight to the crib...I'm not sure if I'm ready though lol! GL with the job hunt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is seriously SOOO cute!! Can you believe how fast they grow? I have yet to give her a real bath... I am still doing the sponge baths cuz I feel she will hate it too haha. Yuck good luck hunting for a job! I love lookin at her pics keep posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how the transition to the crib goes when you do it. Nora seems to wake up every single time I put her down on a flat surface :( The real baths are so fun now! Nora LOVES them as long as I keep her nice and warm. I have an interview next week so hopefully I will get it!

    ReplyDelete