| Looking at her mobile... and kicking so hard her socks are falling off! |
| So much more alert! |
| My pretty girl |
| She's getting big! |
Not only is she more alert and more attentive, she's developing a little personality of her own! Proof? This picture.
![]() |
| She's devising a plan! |
We hang out all day at the house. We get on a nice routine and there is very little fussing or crying! She wakes up around 5AM, gets changed, eats in bed with me, and we both fall asleep in bed until 8AM or so. Sometimes we get up.. and other times we fall back asleep in bed until 11AM. We get up, eat, get dressed, and she is awake playing and hanging out for 2 hours, sleep for 3 hours all day. She usually falls asleep for the night around 10PM, sleeps til 3AM, sometimes falls right back asleep after eating.... and sometimes staying awake for 2 hours :(
She's been sleeping in 5-6 hour stretches at night which I am grateful for! The past couple days I think she's been going through a growth spurt though... because she sleeps all day. I can't get her to stay awake! All she's been doing is sleeping and eating all day long... and then is energized and fussy at night. Bleh... we have to get back on track!
![]() |
| Hanging out with mom! |
I have a job interview Tuesday so hopefully I will have a job soon! I don't want to leave her, but knowing she'll be with my mom makes me feel better. I've been researching ways to build my nursing supply so I don't run out of pumped milk while I'm at work. I have a huge stash in the freezer already, but I'm still worried. In a bottle, she can eat 4-5oz in one sitting. It takes me 2 pumping sessions to get that much... sometimes more! I've been pumping more often (every time she naps, before bed, and in the middle of the night) and I've been getting more output. Now I'm just afraid she's going to be getting too much foremilk because of my oversupply. Bleh... the stresses of nursing!
I've joined some breastfeeding groups on Facebook and I've been researching all kinds of things. It's empowering to have support from other nursing women. It's frustrating sometimes to always have a baby attached to me (especially when I want to take a shower and all she wants to do is use me as a pacifier (she takes it sometimes from other people, but doesn't really like it. She never takes it from me). It's all worth it when she stops crying instantly when I hold her or while nursing she rubs my skin with her little hand and stares at my face. It reminds me how much she needs me.
| Sleeping, sleeping, sleeping! |
My parents have been taking good care of us. My mom has that "grandma" touch that instantly calms Nora. She's great at keeping her calm so I can get some stuff done. Nora loves staring at my dad. His dark furry face intrigues her. He bought her this patchwork lion from the zoo and she LOVES staring at it.
| I don't think this is a real smile, but I caught it on camera! |
One Month!
Still nursing like a champ
Wearing 0-3 month clothes (but in between sizes for pants!)
Snap up 3 month footed pajamas are too small but the zip up 3 month pajamas are too big! Why? No idea!
Wearing size 1 diapers
LOVES being talked to, fans, watching faces, and staring at the blinds
Likes to stare at her dad when he gets home from work
Loves her baths!
Isn't too crazy about her binky
Hates having her boogers sucked and her clothes changed
LOVES sleeping in bed with mom in the morning
We went to the summer festival uptown tonight and I got to try out my Moby wrap! Nora and I were a little toasty so we took a little break, but for the most part she loved it! She didnt like keeping her head in like this until the end because she was tired. I just held her head while she leaned her head out and explored the world. I would love to explore other options for babywearing... we'll see!
We went to the summer festival uptown tonight and I got to try out my Moby wrap! Nora and I were a little toasty so we took a little break, but for the most part she loved it! She didnt like keeping her head in like this until the end because she was tired. I just held her head while she leaned her head out and explored the world. I would love to explore other options for babywearing... we'll see!




The pictures are adorable. I love the "side eye" one haha! You are lucky that Nora has your mom to look after her. They will have such a special bond and you never have to worry that she isn't loved or well taken care of. I hope you have a great interview and land the job- GL!!
ReplyDelete