Doctor's Appointment: Well I gained two pounds this week (thank you 4th of July!), my blood pressure is still great, swelling... not so great. I'm dilated to 2 centimeters though! That's a lot of progress from last week so I'm happy with that. If Nora hasn't come by my appointment Thursday, we will schedule an induction.
What is Baby Up to This Week?:
- Most babies weigh somewhere between six to eight pounds when they are born
- Not much has changed from last week, all her internal organs are ready to support her in the outside world, she’s developed healthy amounts of baby fat over the past week, and her immune system is developing and will continue to develop after she is born
- She's probably able to flex her limbs now
- Her brain is still rapidly developing -- she's getting smarter by the week!
- Her nails may extend past her fingertips.
Weight Gain: +23 total (+2 last week)
Gender: Well, after two ultrasounds and all of this pink stuff... I hope she's a girl!
Name: Lenora (Nora) Quinn
Symptoms:
- Very swollen fingers, toes, legs
- I'm SO tired! I get tired from sitting on the couch and doing nothing
- Contractions
- Heartburn as usual
- Arms, legs, and fingers falling asleep
Swelling: I've been trying to drink enough water, but nothing seems to keep the swelling down. My fingers and toes burn
Sleep: My hips and back ache when I lay on my side for too long so i toss and turn all night. I get up to use the bathroom every two hours and the trips usually come with a nice set of contractions
Movement: Despite her lack of room in my belly, this little girl is a nut ball! She's moving around so much it hurts. A lot of the time it takes my breath away because it hurts. She still gets the hiccups 2-3 times a day and I feel so bad for her!
![]() |
| Heyyyy big belly! |
Food Cravings: Lots of food! I'm just hungry most of the day.
Food Aversions: Nothing in particular. The nausea in the morning has let up, thankfully
Rings On or Off?: Rings are definitely off at night and sometimes during the day
What I'm Looking Forward To: This kiddo coming out!
What I Miss: Sleeping comfortably. Holy moly did I take that for granted.
What I'm Loving: Knowing she will be here soon!
Labor Signs: Yesterday after my appointment, I was spotting so we were hoping things would get started. This morning I was up from 4:30am-7:30am with contractions. They started off every 90 minutes, then every hour, then every 30.... then they stopped being so consistent! They were alternating between every 30 minutes and every 50 minutes. I'm still spotting... but waiting until the contractions get a little more consistent and closer together.
Belly Button: In! It's getting shallow, but I don't think it will ever pop out!
Next Drs Appointment: Thursday July 11th
Best Moment of the Week: The 4th of July was amazing! We had so much fun! I made fruit kabobs and we cooked out with the family all day. The guys played bags and the girls swam (even though it was SO COLD). We had a really great day. I'm happy we got to spend time together before this kiddo comes out!
![]() |
| Ohh we're cute! |
![]() |
| Fruit and dip! |
![]() |
| Fruit Kabobs! |
![]() |
| Big and uncomfortable |
![]() |
| 39 Weeks |
![]() |
| :) |
![]() |
| Hopefully our last picture update! |
![]() |
| Love him! |
![]() |
| Soon! |











awww yay!!! WOOO 2 cm!! That is a big improvement! And spotting... sounds like things are happening! You are so lucky. I am having no changes and no contractions that hurt. I feel I will have to get induced... well we are on our last week (hopefully)!!! Yay! and you look so cute!
ReplyDeleteYou are looking amazing!!! I keep thinking about you and Nora and hoping she comes soon. I will keep checking your blog for updates. You have so much to look forward to!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe got checked out because the contractions were consistent for 24 hours and we just wanted to see what was going on. I'm definitely having contractions, but they're not strong enough or close enough to do much of anything yet. Baby still looks good and now we're just waiting!
ReplyDelete