Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 38


Doctor's Appointment: Well, I am less than a centimeter dilated which is... annoying. The doctor actually said "Wow... where is your cervix?" if that gives you any idea how high I am! She woke up right before the appointment so her heart rate was in the 150s and she's measuring right on track. This little lady still doesn't look like she's dropped. I gained one pound... which didn't surprise me, I've been so hungry!

What is Baby Up to This Week?:

  • Your baby has probably reached his birth weight by now. Most babies weigh somewhere between six to eight pounds when they are born
  • All of her internal organs are ready to support him in the outside world
  • She has also developed healthy amounts of baby fat over the past week, and her immune system is developing, and will continue to develop after she is born. 
  • Her fingernails and toenails have reached the end of her fingers and toes, and might even need a trim after she is born
  • She may have about an inch or so of hair already (MAYBE! I think she'll be bald!)
  • She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.


Weight Gain: +21 total (+1 last week)

Gender: Well, after two ultrasounds and all of this pink stuff... I hope she's a girl!

Name: Lenora (Nora) Quinn

Symptoms:

  • I'm usually awake at midnight, 2am, and 4am to use the bathroom. Usually at 4am I'm awake for an hour or two. I check my Facebook, Pinterest, and text my night owl mama friends
  • Feeling heavy. It's tough to roll over in bed at night. I have a pillow fortress to prop me up and I use Bryan as leverage to roll over.
  • Heartburn has been killer, but I've been trying to stay on top of it with Zantac and Tums
  • Swelling (of course)
  • Exhausted. I don't sleep much, but I always need to rest

Swelling: The doctor commented on my swollen calves and feet. I've been trying to drink my water, but there isn't much room in my belly these days

Sleep: I don't do much of that lately! If I have a day to myself, I try to catch a nap but I rarely nap

Movement: The rolls and kicks and punches are strong and frequent. My favorite line is "The beast has awoken!" because she goes crazy! I keep telling her... "Well, if you want out so bad, you make that happen!" She doesn't listen to me.

Food Cravings: I REALLY had a bad craving for onion rings last week. Holy cow I ate them and Nora went nuts. Other than that, I've been attempting to eat healthy, but right now it's a game of "How to keep Mama happy"

Food Aversions: Nothing in particular. The nausea in the morning has let up, thankfully

Rings On or Off?: Rings are definitely off at night and sometimes during the day

What I'm Looking Forward To: Meeting her!

What I Miss: People looking at me like I'm a normal person instead of someone to be pitied. I've had so many people look at me with a face of pain and just shake their heads at me. Sometimes they don't even say anything! I mean come on... yes, I'm huge... but I'm okay! It makes me much more happy for someone to come at me smiling and asking how much longer! I just want to punch people who look at me like I'm a puppy with cancer. I'm almost done growing a human.... don't pity me! I'm happy!

What I'm Loving: Not working, catching up on tv shows, spending time with Bryan and my family, finishing her room, and feeling her move :)

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks... and not much else!

Belly Button: In! It's getting shallow, but I don't think it will ever pop out!

Next Drs Appointment: Friday July 5th

Best Moment of the Week: Spending time with my family all week and having Ashley and Andrew over last night. It was nice to hang out with friends before this baby comes. We also got to show off our new house and our 99% completed nursery!

I can't wait to wear real clothes again

1 comment: