Dear Lenora,
You will be making your way into this world in a couple of weeks and I cannot even express how anxious we are to meet you. You are growing bigger by the day and stretching my body to it's max, but it is all worth it. I don't sleep much at night anymore. Between the anxiety, the frequent trips to the bathroom, and this big heavy body, it's become pretty hard to get rest! We've been working so hard to fix this house up in time for your arrival. We knew we wanted you to be born into a house that you can grow up in. I wanted you to have a childhood home that you will always look back on. Your room is almost done and I hope you love it. I can just imagine your little eyes wandering around looking at all of your amazing things. I hope you feel safe, comfortable, and most of all... loved.
Your daddy talks to you every single night and peeks over to see you wiggling around. He is so nervous that he won't be the best daddy, but I know all of those anxious feelings will disappear when he sees your little face for the first time. Your daddy is a good person, inside and out. He is patient when I don't deserve it, he has a kind heart, and he loves with everything he has. I'm sure he will be the one you run to when you fall and scrape your knee or when a boy breaks your heart... and that's okay. He can always be your rock... he's pretty good at being mine!
I hope you have:
Your daddy's patience, kindness and intelligence
Your mommy's independence, drive, and ambition
We will be welcoming you into this world soon, little girl. I cannot wait to hear the sweet sound of your first cry, and I cannot wait to see the look on your daddy's face when he meets you. I am counting down the days and so is your family! Everyone is so excited for you to come into this world. I just hope you will be safe and healthy... that's all I want.
I love you, little girl,
Mommy

Beautiful belly!! Nora will really enjoy reading your letter someday...it's very sweet!
ReplyDeleteHow cute :) I have to do this soon... they could be here ANYTIME!!!! Your belly is beautiful. I feel weird having a bare belly as well because it's fullll of stretch marks!! These little cuties have just changed our bodies huh! All worth it though.
ReplyDelete