Week 35 doctor's appointment update! Nora's heart rate is in the 140s and she's still head down. I didn't gain any weight since my last appointment two weeks ago (woo hoo!) and the doctor answered a few questions for me.
- Just in case I need to know, they won't let me go longer than one week overdue before inducing me.
- I also asked about the stretch marks on the backs of my knees. She said my skin is getting stretched because of the swelling :( That's not what I wanted to hear!
- I asked about the pain in my back last week and she said after I used the bathroom, Nora probably settled into a bad spot and was sitting on a nerve. When I got on the exercise ball, she rotated off of it. Well, that was awful pain but I'm glad it wasn't anything to be concerned about
What is Baby Up to This Week?:
- The Bump says, "Your once-poppy seed would probably be able to breathe on his own if she was born right now. (If not, she’d probably need some TLC, but she’d likely be okay.) Most of her systems are in working order at 36 weeks. Since baby really could decide to make her arrival any day now, try to put in a little prep work.
- Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid
- Her liver and kidneys are in working order
- Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.
- She's about 19 inches long, and weighing about 6 ½ lbs
Weight Gain: +19 total
Gender: Well, after two ultrasounds and all of this pink stuff... I hope she's a girl!
Name: Lenora (Nora) Quinn
Symptoms:
- Heartburn that radiates up through my chest and up my throat
- Contractions that sometimes stop me in my tracks
- Swelling in my fingers, feet, and calves
- Lower back pain
- Achey hips (hurts to put my pants on)
- Tough time sleeping (Benedryl doesn't have anything on this kid!)
- Running to the bathroom just to barely go
Swelling: All over! It kind of freaks me out that my legs are swelling so bad that my skin is stretched, but now that I know, I'm trying to keep my feet up even if I don't feel like they're swollen.
Sleep: Well, even the Benedryl can't keep me asleep some nights. I woke up this morning for about two hours with some contractions and back pain. I fell back asleep though so I wasn't too concerned.
Movement: She gets the hiccups about 4 or 5 times a day (poor girl!) so I usually feel those waaaaaay down low. Haha it's a weird feeling. The rolls and movements hurt now. They sometimes take my breath away.
Food Cravings: CANDY! I can eat two king sized candy bars in one sitting... but I usually try to only eat one a night. I keep a stash in my nightstand! I don't seem to have a problem with a small stomach though... I can eat and eat and eat. Sometimes I'm just so hungry I can't stand it!
Food Aversions: Nothing in particular
Rings On or Off?: Rings are definitely off at night and sometimes during the day
What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting this house finished!! We are putting Nora's tree up next week, painting her closet doors asap, and then we will be ready for her!
What I Miss: Not much right now. I'm so excited to hold her and see the look on Bryan's face when he meets her.
What I'm Loving: BEING OFF WORK! Haha I love it! I have been going to garage sales, hanging out with my family, spending time with Bryan, and working on the house... oh and resting! It's so nice to be able to lay in bed and relax when I feel like my body is telling me to rest. I started Pretty Little Liars on Netflix and it's addicting. If it warms up a little bit, I want to go out and swim!
Labor Signs: Lots of BH that make me stop and sit down. None have been time-able but they still suck
Belly Button: In! It's getting shallow, but I don't think it will ever pop out!
Next Drs Appointment: Next Thursday
Best Moment of the Week: Spending Bryan's two days off with him. We went and saw The Great Gatsby, got lunch, and went shopping! Yesterday we cleaned and worked on the house :)
| Getting bigger! |

You look so cute! Your house is coming along so great. Geez what an accomplishment that will feel like once your done! Can you believe it... ONE MONTH! Only a month!! I'm glad your appointment went well. How was that swab you got... (I'm forgetting the name of what they swab for) I have to get mine in a week. Did they check to see if you're dilated at all?
ReplyDeleteAhhh I know! 4 weeks and we will have our little girls! I didn't get my Strep B test (that's what they're testing for!). I thought they were doing that at my last appointment, but they're doing it this Thursday! I'm curious to see if these are really Braxton Hicks or if I'm dilating at all! I'm nervous and so excited :)
ReplyDeleteAhh okay justtt warning you... I have a friend who ended up just getting it the other day and she told me they also swab your bum... sooo be expecting that haha! I get mine done on Thursday as well. I'm excited to hear if dilated at all too! I just feel like with all these weird little pains I've been getting they are going to tell me I'm dilated to a 7 hahahah
DeleteOh jeez... just what I wanted to hear!! Haha thanks for the heads up. I'm not a fan of surprises! I know how you feel! I told Bryan I'd be a little disappointed if all these contractions were for nothing and she tells me I'm closed up tight! We shall see! Good luck!!
DeleteI have that horrible heartburn too. It is making me nauseous and I hate it! I finally bought Pepcid and it's helping so far. That sucks you have swelling- try to drink as much water as you can and get lots of couch time!
ReplyDeleteI've been taking generic Zantac I think along with Tums. The heartburn is awful! I would LOVE some pool time! The weather just needs to cooperate!
ReplyDelete