Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 35

We hit 35/35 yesterday and it seems so crazy. 35 weeks down, and 35 days left to go. Where has the time gone? I have a feeling Miss Nora will be at least a week late... just because 1. She's probably stubborn like her mother and 2. I need all the extra time I can get!

I feel like this kiddo is bigger than a coconut.. .but hey, whatever

What is Baby Up to This Week?:

  • She is about 19 inches and 6 pounds now
  • By week 35, your baby's kidneys are completely developed. 
  • Her liver is also beginning to produce waste. 
  • In fact, a majority of her growth is already done. However, you should expect her to put on some more weight over the next few weeks
  • Now, her hearing is fully developed, and she responds best to high-pitched noises

Weight Gain: +19 total (I lied last week... haha I forgot how much I weighed at my last appointment, but I'm good with the +1lb a week)

Gender: Well, after two ultrasounds and all of this pink stuff... I hope she's a girl!

Name: Lenora (Nora) Quinn

Symptoms:

  • You’ve reached 35 weeks, and your uterus has grown about 1,000 times its original size
  • Increased pelvic pressure
  • Back pain
  • Very tired
  • Very hungry
  • Killer heartburn
  • More nausea
  • Swelling in my hands and feet
  • It doesn't look like Nora has dropped yet, but I've been able to eat a lot more food lately and the pelvic pressure has been intense. I tell Bryan sometimes it feels like either shes going to fall right out or like a foot is shoved up my crotch. It's so uncomfortable.
  • I woke up earlier this week in a panic. Around 1am I got up, used the bathroom, came back to lay down, and then was crippled by INTENSE pain in my back. I was cramping and it felt like someone hit me with a sledgehammer in my lower back. I was crying and woke up Bryan. I sat on my exercise ball and it was gone in about 3 minutes. I have no idea what happened, but it never came back

Swelling: My swelling has been pretty decent lately because it's been cooler out. I'm still pretty swollen after a long day on my feet or if I get overheated

Sleep: I don't sleep unless I take Benedryl. I thought I was tired enough to sleep without it one night... big mistake. I was up all night!

Movement: Sometimes I feel like she gets stuck in there. Like I'll feel a pounding/scraping in one spot for an hour of so like she can't get her arm free haha.

Food Cravings: I haven't had many cravings except for chocolate, but I've been so hungry! I can shovel a great deal of food in my mouth haha.

Food Aversions: I have been so sick lately, especially in the mornings. I've been back to gagging every morning! This makes drinking water very hard.

Rings On or Off?: Rings are definitely off at night and sometimes during the day

What I'm Looking Forward To: Having this house done! This week we will be staining and putting on the trim, painting the kitchen, getting our vinyl installed in our kitchen, dining room, and laundry room, painting and putting on the closet doors, getting some curtains up, a whole lot of cleaning, and getting Miss Nora's room closer to being finished.... all this week!

What I Miss: Not struggling to put my underwear on -_- yes... I've hit that point. It's so frustrating to struggle to get yourself dressed! I also miss having energy.

What I'm Loving: Knowing this baby will be here very soon! I still love talking to her and feeling her move. I've tried to catch her on camera, but she always stops!

Labor Signs: I've been getting more contractions lately whether I'm drinking water or not, whether I'm resting or not. They're still not extremely frequent and they're not time-able so I'm not too concerned. My hospital bag is packed and ready to go!

Belly Button: In! It's getting shallow, but I don't think it will ever pop out!

Next Drs Appointment: Wednesday June 12th at 10:30am with a different doctor than I'm used to! My doctor's office has 4 doctors in the practice that all work together. My doctor wants me to see all 4 of them just in case she won't be available when I go into labor. That's all good and all, but I'm meeting this new doctor just in time for my Strep B test... haha. Oh well, I should get used to strangers getting a view of my goods.

Best Moment of the Week: My last day of work! I was so happy to be done. We also shopped at a lot of garage sales this weekend which was fun! I got some serving dishes and a couple small things for Nora. It's fun to shop around through other people's junk :)


Week 35

Looking tired and trying to clean up our house a little bit!


1 comment:

  1. It's hard to tell if you've dropped yet from your pictures. It may be a gradual thing though. I still have shortness of breath and lots of pressure on my ribs but I also have the bladder pressure- double whammy!
    I get my GBS test on Wednesday too. It will be interesting to see if we are dilating. That's awesome you're done with work. I bet you are so relieved!

    ReplyDelete