Monday, June 24, 2013

House is Finished! (Pretty Much!)

We closed on the house and got it almost completely done in 7 weeks! With both Bryan and I working 40 hours a week, me being in my third trimester, moving from our apartment, fitting the work around my Dad's 60 hour a week schedule, and all kinds of family events in between... this has been one of the most exhausting projects I have ever accomplished. I'm so proud of myself, of Bryan, and so grateful for my family. I'll do before and after pictures so we can see just how much progress we made!


View of the Living Room Before

View from the Front Door Now! (Don't mind me... I'm addicted to Pretty Little Liars)



View of Living Room 2. We have a light to replace that old fan, but we ran into a little problem. The fan isn't hooked up to a switch so we need to get an electrician here to get the light attached to a switch! The vinyl says, "The Love of a Family Makes Life Beautiful"
Hallway Before

Hallway Now! We still need to paint the closet doors before they go up!
Small Room Before

Part of the Small Room Now. We just have leftover pieces of carpet on the floor in here until we get real carpet in. It's good enough now for us to use this room for an office and extra storage for clothes!
Well, I guess this is the only "Before" picture I have of the kitchen!

Our little kitchen now!
We spent some time painting the kitchen together and hung our valance. A little bit of paint makes a big difference!

There was kind of a "Before" picture in the living room picture, but this is the "Dining Room" now! We don't have a kitchen table so we decided it was a perfect place to put all the big baby stuff. The pack n play will go in our room for a couple weeks and the car seat will go in the car soon!
Our Room Before
Our room now. Still needs picture frames and I have a vinyl that says "Happily Ever After. Grow Old With Me, The Best Is Yet To Be"

Plain and simple. Ashley's exercise ball and my hospital bag in sight!
Nora's Room Before
And I'll do Nora's "After" picture will come soon! Her room is almost done, but I have some finishing touches to add! I found some beautiful quotes on Etsy that I want to frame and hang above her crib. I'm also going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to buy some wooden letters, paint them, and hot glue ribbon the the back so we can hang her name.

This weekend we painted two coats in the kitchen, hung the valances in the dining room and kitchen, hung up pictures, put in door stoppers, organized our office area, set up the DVDs in the living room, put all the big baby stuff in the dining room, washed the big furnace vent with the hose and put a fresh coat of paint on it, and we organized the back room that we are using for storage. Oh and we cleaned! All of that work makes for one exhausted and swollen momma... let me tell you! It feels so nice to almost be done though!

We have a few things left to do, but we're pretty much done! We still need to finish the wall art in Nora's room, paint and hang the hall closet doors, put door guides on all the closet doors, get one spot in the living room mudded, sanded, and painted, get carpet in the office, get the electrical worked out so we can get a light in the living room, get some shelves up in the laundry room for storage, and get the transitions done by the front door so we can get the trim put on those two walls.

We got our plumbing fixed at the end of last week which is SUCH a big deal. We were straining noodles in the bathtub :( The kitchen sink was so stopped up we couldn't even use it so we called a plumber and it's all good now! We even have a working dishwasher (which I have been using a ton now!)

We went swimming yesterday and the water was so nice. My hips, back, and legs instantly feel better when I'm floating around in the pool. I did get pretty sunburnt despite the loads of sunscreen I had on. That's the price I pay for being so pasty!

I went in the bank today to deposit some money and get a couple misplaced credit cards replaced and all the ladies in there were like "Ohhhh my gosh! We haven't seen you in so long, we thought you would have had the baby by now!" Nah... 19 more days! I used to talk with them all the time when I worked at McDonald's because I liked taking the deposits in to get a break from that crazy place. They're all excited for me!

Nora has been a crazy kid today. She's been pretty active all day, but I'm not complaining too much. I only have a couple more weeks to enjoy this. She got the hiccups earlier and good lord she was an angry kid! Her whole little body was twitching with each hiccup and then squirming around like she had somewhere to go. Her little body parts were jabbing out like nobody's business!

Well, I'm off to start cooking some tacos! We're going to eat some tacos, chips and salsa, and corn on the cob tonight. Haha the corn isn't really related, but good lord that stuff is so good. I can't wait to eat! My next doctor's appointment is Thursday and I'm sure I'll have a couple pounds to add to the scale!

2 comments:

  1. Corn on the cob and taco's...haha- sounds good together lol! The house is gorgeous- you can finally relax a little bit until Nora arrives!! My appt. is Thursday too. Can't wait to see if we are both progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and yes! I hope to hear good news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete