![]() |
| These veggie comparisons seem weird sometimes! |
What is Baby Up to This Week?:
- Nora continues to grow and develop. Measuring close to 15 1/2 inches long, she weighs about 3 lbs. She now almost fills up my entire uterine cavity, and her arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat.
- By 30 weeks, her eyelids open and close. She will keep his eyes closed for most of the day though. When her eyes are open, she will be able to track light inside of your womb, though her vision isn't "perfect" or 20/20
- Lanugo, or fine hair that once covered her body, will start falling off this week.
- In the coming weeks, the volume of amniotic fluid in your belly will decrease as your baby continues to gain weight and take up more space.
- She's now strong enough to grasp a finger!
| 30 Weeks |
Weight Gain: +14 total
Gender: Girl!
Name: Lenora (Nora) Quinn
Symptoms:
- Some heartburn despite the Zantac and Tums
- Achey back
- Raging emotions
- Feeling like I'm going to freaking burst after eating!
- Crazy looking stretch marks! I have had some from the beginning, but now they're starting to get worse as she gets bigger. On my left side (where she ALWAYS likes to lay) I have these bruise spots. They look like broken blood vessels but they don't hurt. I'm also getting some on my hips and butt. Talk about depressing!
Sleep: Sleep sucked this week because Bryan worked overnights. I woke up constantly thinking I heard noises and the anxiety was giving me weird dreams. I turned on our window air conditioning unit in our bedrooms a couple nights and it was AMAZING.
Movement: I never get tired of watching my belly twitch. Bryan will look over and I have my shirt pulled up and I'm staring at it lol. The other night I was sitting at the kitchen table with my mom, Megan, and Bryan and she kicked me a good one. I said "Ugh!" and Bryan said "That must have hurt because I saw it!" Then Megan and my mom got to feel Nora kick for the first time :)
Food Cravings: Greasy, salty foods
Food Aversions: None specifically!
Rings On or Off?: I take my rings off at night because I tend to swell at night.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Closing on our house. According to the financial lady today, we should be able to close next week. Then we will have three weeks to get the house in liveable conditions before we move in. We told our apartment complex we'd be out May 31st... so the pressure is on!
What I Miss: Not having people side eyeing me when I'm drinking an iced coffee or eating a greasy cheeseburger. Leave me alone... Also, I miss fitting into clothes!
What I'm Loving: Talking to her and watching her move around
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks have been better this week. They are usually bad in the morning when I'm driving to work. I think it's because I get dehydrated at night. Once I get to school and get 32 ounces in, I feel better.
Belly Button: In and I don't think it will pop out!
Next Drs Appointment: May 15th for my 32 week appointment
Best Moment of the Week: It will probably be seeing Ashley, Andrew, and Brody tomorrow. I'm really needing some girl time!
| 30 Weeks and Shaped Funny! |
| Off Centered, but Still Huge! |
We also start our labor classes next week so that should be interesting! I've become a financial Nazi lately. Now with us closing on our house so soon and me only having 3 more paychecks... I'm going crazy crunching numbers. My student loans are outrageous and I am determined to have a full 3 months saved to cover them... now I have more than 4 months so we will be able to breath easy knowing we don't have to worry.

You have a busy couple of days coming up. Make sure you get some relaxing time in too!
ReplyDeleteGreat job getting the student loans paid for a while. Now you can have a stress free maternity leave...not too much longer now.
My student loans will be a worry for the next 14 years... if I can keep them off my mind for 3 months, I'll be a happy, happy lady!
DeleteI'm ready for my job to end in a few weeks so I can relax and be lazy! I can't wait lol
I can't believe we are 30 weeks!! My next appointment is May 15th also! :) Woo can't wait till these little girls come
ReplyDeleteYes! We don't have much longer to wait!
Delete