How Big is Baby: Baby measures about 6 inches long and weighs in at about 8.5 ounces. She's developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white, and you may see some of it at her birth (gross lol).
This is a very important time in terms of sensory development. Inside your baby’s brain, certain areas are being specialized for smell, touch, taste, hearing, and vision. Another big development in the last week, hair may finally be sprouting from his scalp.
The uterus is developed in the female and the testes and penis are easily identifiable in males.
Weight Gain: We'll see on Wednesday! I have a new Cheeto addiction so I'm sure I gained weight
Gender: I was convinced I was growing a little boy... but now not so much. Everyone who looks at me says "Girl"... so we will see. 4 more days!
![]() |
| Holy belly! Where did this come from!? |
Names: Greyson Alexander or Lenora Estelle/Irene/Quinn (Haven't decided on a middle name yet)
Symptoms: BACK PAIN! I have knots in my shoulders and it feels like the ribs in my back are bruised. Yikes it hurts. I'm also still sick, VERY tired this week, and feeling big!
Sleep: I have been SO TIRED this week. I have been getting 10-12 hours of sleep a night. It seems fitting because I feel like my belly grew huge overnight!
Movement: Baby LOVES hot Cheetos. She kicks and moves every time I eat them. This week I felt her from the outside! There was tons of pressure in one spot so I rubbed/pushed it and she kicked/punched back! It was so crazy to feel
Maternity Clothes: We just went out and spent $100 at Old Navy because I needed new shirts. Since I feel like I grew overnight, the regular shirts I was wearing last week don't fit anymore! I just bought new stuff so I don't have to constantly pull my shirt down over my belly
Food Cravings: Pizza lunchables, Queso Salsa Cheetos, and anything spicy!
Food Aversions:Everything makes me sick when I'm hungry
Stretchmarks: Existing ones... and new!
What I'm Looking Forward To: This week we will find out how little one is developing! I can't wait to see her wiggling on the screen again. I'm also so excited to find out if we have a daughter or a son! I will be SO surprised if it is a boy, but we will be so excited either way!
What I Miss: Having a beer at a sporting event!
Next Drs Appointment: Wednesday for our 20 week OB appointment and our anatomy scan!
Best Moment of the Week: Before we headed out to the Blackhawks game with Bryan and my best friends, he proposed! He was nervous and excited... and it was wonderful. It's a Vera Wang engagement ring with a sapphire on the side (both of our birthstone). I am so happy and so lucky :) We did things a little backwards, but hey... we love each other and this little one will be loved... so that's all that matters to me.
![]() |
| Side view |
![]() |
| Blackhawks game! |
![]() |
| I love him! |






Do you get any of my comments on your blog??
ReplyDeleteWEIRD. It showed up now... interesting. Well I said in an earlier comment- You're engaged!!! Your ring is sooo pretty! I feel you are having a girl :) I think the biggest "sign" for gender is the feeling a mom has. I can't wait to hear! Four days woo!!
ReplyDeleteWow- congrats!!!! That is a GORGEOUS ring. You will look back on this time and remember sheer joy- makes me weepy (again)! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound...did you do the ring gender test? Try it!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to feel like a dummy if I'm wrong and it's a boy, but I will be so excited either way! Thank you for the compliments on my ring! He did well :)
ReplyDelete