Our anatomy scan is one week from today! Even though we really don't care either way, I'm getting very impatient to find out... why? I don't know! I think I'm just ready to bond with this baby. I'm ready to call him/her by name. I'm ready to get the nursery ready (even though I have 20 more weeks for that). I'm ready to look at little boy or girl clothes :) So here are some old wives' tales just for fun....
1. If you're carrying low, you're having a boy. If you're carrying high, you're having a girl.
- Someone told me I was carrying high and I didn't believe it.... but then looking at my WTEWYE book and we decided that yeah... I guess I am carrying high. Girl
2. If you're carrying more horizontally, it's a boy. If you're more out in front, it's a girl.
- I feel like I'm not getting wider (my butt is!) haha.... but I carry out in front. Girl
3. If baby's heartbeat is on the low side, it's a boy. Higher heartbeats are supposed to indicate girl.
- Both times we heard the heartbeat it was high (they say anything higher than 140s is the marking point). Girl
4. Salty cravings indicate a boy but sweet cravings indicate a girl.
- I have always been a sweets person until I got pregnant.... now all I want is chips, sour things, and fried food. Boy
5. There is an ancient Chinese Gender Prediction chart that supposedly has great accuracy in predicting what you will have.
- The chart tells me Girl.
6. The Mayan gender prediction says that if the mother's age at baby's conception and the year the conception happened are both even or odd numbers, the baby will be a girl. If one number is even and the other is odd, the baby will be a boy.
- Age: 24 Year:2012 Both even. Girl
7. Some people say that if you've had only a little morning sickness, you're likely to have a boy. But if you have a lot of morning sickness that lasts beyond your first trimester, this indicates girl.
- Uhhh.... Girl
8. If your feet feel much colder during pregnancy, this suggests a boy. If they feel normal temperature, then this suggests a girl.
- Holy moly I'm a human furnace. Every part of my body is warm. Girl
9. If you prefer to sleep on your left side, you're having a boy. If you prefer to sleep on the right, you're having a girl.
- I know I'm supposed to sleep on my left side, but I usually sleep on my right because it's facing the wall. Girl
10. If you ask a pregnant woman to immediately hold out her hands, if she holds them out with palms down, baby is a boy. If she holds them with palms up, it's a girl.
- I feel like I would always put my palms up if someone told me to hold out my hands. It seems odd to me that anyone would have palms down.... Girl
Well people, 9 girl and 1 boy. That's an overwhelming majority! It will be interesting to see if these are right. When people close to me are pregnant I feel like I can just look at them and KNOW if they are having a boy or a girl. I've been pretty good at it! Now... people are coming up to me and saying "GIRL" so maybe I'm just giving off girl vibes. The girl clothes are SO CUTE, but having a momma's boy would make me so happy too.
7 days left!
You have to check out this website:
ReplyDeletehttp://genderdreaming.com/forum/old-wives-tales-symptom-guessing/
I'm still a skeptic but what the hell, it passes the time haha! Some of the people on there are kind of nuts though. I think you should go with your gut: girl!!!
I still love guessing! :) Thanks for the website!
ReplyDelete