How Big is Baby: She's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces. Her heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood every day, and her bladder is emptying every 45 minutes. Her limbs are even more developed and her movements have become increasingly coordinated. She doesn't have any hair yet, but the patterning of her scalp has begun.
She's listening to my voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears. She's growing lashes, fingernails, and eyebrows. And she's forming taste buds.
Weight Gain: According to the doctor, I actually lost a pound since last month (she isn't concerned)
Gender: I'm beginning to think we have a daddy's girl! I'm not sure why I think one way or the other, but we will find out in less than a month!
Names: We're waiting to think of a few names once we find out the sex!
Symptoms: I'm still sick in the morning, but it's controllable with peppermints. My lower back gets cramped, belly cramps, and I pee every 5 seconds. I have also been getting RLP once in a while. MAN those hurt. Doctor said the pain compares to pulling your groin muscle... only its in my belly.
Sleep: I can't sleep lately. I took a couple Benedryl the other night and slept like a baby for the first time in idk how long. I just toss and turn ALL NIGHT and I get up 3-5 times to pee.
Movement: I feel the baby moving around more and more now. I feel her wiggling around after I eat when I lay down.
Maternity Clothes: I LOVE my maternity clothes. My jeans and yoga pants have a full panel so I don't have to wear the bellyband anymore. I love wearing tighter shirts because of my bump! I'm so proud of showing it off :)
Food Cravings: No big cravings lately!
Food Aversions: I don't know.... I feel sick when I'm hungry and then everything sounds gross.
Stretchmarks: Existing ones... and new!
What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm so excited for Feb. 20th. We have our anatomy scan ultrasound scheduled for the same day as our 20 week appointment. It will be a really exciting day!
What I Miss: Sleeping soundly and not feeling so huge.
Next Drs Appointment: February 20th for our 20 week OB appointment and our anatomy scan!
Best Moment of the Week: It will probably be tonight. I'm excited to hang out with friends for a change and see my little Brody!
| 16 Week Belly |

Your bump is adorable! Glad you got a good night's sleep. I love Benadryl too!
ReplyDelete