Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Setting Up Baby B's Room!

Well, Baby B finally has a room fit for a little one! Bryan's sister is letting us borrow a crib (thank you so much!) and it looks wonderful in the room. Bryan and my dad got it all set up and secure this weekend so when I got home.. we had a baby room! The crib is a light color wood just like the glider, nightstand, and bookshelf so it all matches really well. We arranged and rearranged the room a bunch of times and finally decided on a layout that we both like. We have HUGE windows in the rooms of our apartment with radiator/heater things under them... so placing furniture (especially the crib) was a little bit difficult.

The start of the baby's room. We still have plenty to do!

The crib with the cute sheets :)

The bookshelf (we're not sure we're keeping) with all kinds of random baby stuff on it until we find a permanent home!


We went out yesterday and bought a new mattress for the crib, a set of bright green chevron sheets (to give the room a little bit of color), and some things at Target that we found on sale. I was really excited because tucked away in the back on the bottom shelf was the EXACT diaper bag that matches the travel system, highchair, pack n play that I want... with a clearance tag! It's normally $29.99, but I got it for $8.98! What a steal! I snatched it up so quickly I'm sure I almost smacked Bryan in the face with it. I was so excited because what are the chances? We also found a pack of 4 receiving blankets on clearance for $4 so we bought those too. They are more geared towards boys, I think but even if we have a girl, I don't plan on buying EVERYTHING pink and purple. She can have some blue, orange, and green too.

I enjoyed my long weekend off of work with Bryan. Last week we barely saw each other because we were on opposite shifts so it was nice to spend some time with him. We took the train up to Chicago, caught a cab, and saw a Bulls game Saturday night! It was our first game and man we were excited. I HAD to have a bunch of overpriced food, of course. We had a great view of the game, but I couldn't bring myself to stand up to cheer. I felt like if I stood up, I'd plummet to my death. The seats were so steep! We had a lot of fun, but I was EXHAUSTED by the time we got home. I felt the baby moving a little at the game... s/he was all hopped up on the Pepsi I had!

Pretty cool shot!

Bryan took this with a cool feature on my camera

Us at the game!


The rest of this weekend was good. I got to see my family and spend a little time with Miss Evelyn who is a funny little booger. Bryan got to bond with my dad a little bit and realize he's not as scary as he looks (haha... it's the 'stach!) I've been having more and more issues with sleeping at night. I am just so uncomfortable most of the time and I just can't seem to get enough steady sleep. Bryan bought me a wedge to use for my back and between my knees... and it seems to help, but I toss and turn so much that I don't always want to adjust it in the middle of the night. I wake up 2+ times to use the bathroom, plus my weirdo dreams, plus being a human furnace, plus lower back pains and restless legs... ugh. I also had the worst headache for 6+ hours yesterday. I have no idea what was wrong, but I took Tylenol, Bryan rubbed my neck and shoulders, I drank tons of water, I ate... and it still wasn't going away. Luckily it's gone today or I'm not sure I would have been at work!

My monthly appointment is Thursday with a different doctor in the OB office's "team" so I hope she's very nice! I'm hoping to bring my camera and catch the heartbeat on video so my mom and Bryan can hear it. I have to say, I'm very jealous that everyone is finding out the sex of their baby so soon! We probably won't get our anatomy scan until 20 weeks which will be around the end of February or beginning of March. I'm ready to pick out names and start mentally preparing for either a son or a daughter. It seems like time is going by slowly until I realize... I will be 4 months pregnant this week! Before we know it we will be in our childbirth classes, touring the hospital, and attending our baby shower. I want to start preparing now and have everything ready, but I have to wait for the baby shower! It's killing me to wait!

We picked up a prescription for a prenatal that my doctor gave us samples for. The original price was like $78 for 2 months. My insurance picked up all but $12... and then I had a $10 coupon. Talk about savings! I really learned this weekend how much my insurance covers and how extremely GRATEFUL I am to have great insurance. The prenatal smells like vanilla (so it's easier to take), has a stool softener in it (which means I don't have to take anything separate for that), and it has made me feel so much better. I'm not sure if my morning sickness has just died down for a few days or if it's because of this prenatal, but I'm feeling much better, nausea-wise, than I have in a long time. I don't want to jinx myself or anything so I'll just leave it at that :)



Hopefully we will have a strong heartbeat Thursday and a boring routine appointment! I will update on Saturday with my week 16 check in!

4 comments:

  1. Wow- that's great you have all of the nursery furniture set up! You guys are way ahead of the game. Time seems like it's creeping by but July will be here before we know it. Enjoy your appointment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE reading your blog Lindsey!...be sure to have a shower that includes your former co-workers 'cause I love to buy baby stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics- the crib is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We love it too! I like the idea of getting a used crib (not only because I'm a cheapo) because there has already been a baby in there :)

    ReplyDelete