I signed up for 6 weeks of Childbirth classes which includes a tour of the hospital and a breastfeeding class. We're signed up to go from the time I'm 31 weeks to 36 weeks. They had another class starting next month... but I figured that might be a little too early. If I'm going to be learning breathing and pain management techniques, I want it fresh in my mind for labor! I think I'm going to sign up for an additional free breastfeeding class through my OBGYN. It wouldn't hurt to get some extra help!
So with all of my research, my OB appts for my entire 9 months including paying her for delivery will be under $300. Surprisingly, all of my $600 of blood work for my first appointment were fully covered. The Childbirth class is $60 out of pocket (which is worth it to me!). Then the hospital stay.. as long as everything goes according to plan.. will be between $600-$800. With my insurance, I have a cap on my Out of Pocket expenses of $1,000 so even if something unexpected comes up, I won't have to worry about money. I cannot imagine how women do this without insurance. I am so incredibly lucky to have such wonderful insurance.
A couple of nights ago we went to Target and looked at the big ticket baby items. I want to register at Babies R Us, but there is no reason to buy the same exact stuff for $50-$100 more. Here is the travel system we found. We also found a highchair, pack n play, diaper bag, and swing in the same pattern!
We will probably register for everything else at BRU and call it a day! We won't start that until we find out the sex of the baby next month. It seems kind of soon, but then I'll be 5 months along and it will give me 3 months to tweak my registry before the baby shower. Plus, I'll be working full time until the first couple weeks of June so I won't have much time or energy. I think I'll be thankful I did some of this stuff in advance!
Well my arm is all bruised up from the flu shot and my back hurts. Pregnant girl PROBLEMS! Ha :) I'm going to lounge on the couch and hopefully I'll feel some movements today!

No comments:
Post a Comment