Tuesday, September 3, 2013

7 Weeks

 Seven Weeks Old!

Well, Nora has developed some issues over the past week unfortunately. She loses her little mind from 7-9pm and nothing will calm her down. We've tried gas drops, gripe water, warm baths, pressure on her belly, patting her back, everything. She just screams and screams until she gets so tired she falls asleep.

She's only been sleeping 3 hours at a time now... probably because of this issue she's dealing with. I haven't had milk in weeks so the only other thing I can think of is my daily cup of coffee... but that doesn't cause gas. Ugh I don't know. Tonight is the first night in about a week that she hasn't screamed so we're happy!

We hang out in bed together a lot!
Talkin to her mom in bed



Bedtime!


 I'm enjoying my last days home with her. I start working Friday so I'm trying to savor every last minute with her! I know I'll cry like a baby when I have to leave her. My biggest fear is that she's going to start liking bottles more than her mom :( It's kind of silly, but it just breaks my heart to think that it could happen! 


 She's kicking and batting her toys like a nut!
She's "talking" when she gets really excited
Nora is smiling a lot more this week and I LOVE it!
Her naps are turning into little 1 hour catnaps
She has the cutest little personality
She LOVES her night time bath!

LOVE that smile!
I took chunk to get weighed today and she weighs 11lbs 4oz and measures at 21 3/4 inches. Holy cow! My little monkey is getting so chubby! I love it!

4 comments:

  1. I think our little girls have a lot in common...that same exact screaming time from 7-9pm. Ours only lasted about a week and a half and now things are much better. I think it's developmental with a touch of being overtired. I'm sure it will stop soon!!
    Sydney has only been napping 30 minutes or so during the day and then a nice long nap in the afternoon. It's so rough though because I can't do much during the day anymore. Oh well- everything is a phase I guess!
    Nora will miss you when your gone but always will want to be close to you and nurse. I hope your first few days of work go smoothly! She is soooo cute- I love her pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope this passes! Its frustrating and it makes me so sad to hear her scream like that :( It makes me feel so helpless! Nora takes a long nap in the afternoon too! She will take tiny little naps all morning and then will sleep from 3-7 or so. Oh these girl are going to make us crazy!

    And thank you for the reassurance! I love nursing her :) I got a second interview with the other job so we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! GL and update with news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so precious. Nothing will be better than momma so don't worry about that!! Ava does the same thing at nights. I have read that baby's do get fussiest at night time. So I think it's NORMAL?? haha but your doing great I think it will pass soon. At least that's what I hear!

    ReplyDelete