Tuesday, June 18, 2013

36 Weeks (Middle of the Week)!

This week has been full of little projects that have to be done... but during the day I usually stay in bed relaxing. I've been having contractions, swollen feet, and achey hips... so it's nice that I can just lay in bed and watch hours of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix.

Laying in bed and struggling to breathe with this giant baby in me!

Uhm holy big baby! Getting ready to go swimming and I'm surprised the suit fit!


Lonely Bella keeping me company!

We worked on the room a little more this week and it's actually starting to look like a nursery! Bryan put the swing and pack-n-play together. Who knew baby equipment came in SO MANY parts!? It definitely took longer than I thought it would, but that stuff was a bit complicated. Our next project is putting the stroller together and getting the car seat ready to go! Tomorrow Julie is coming over to put the tree up, we'll get a closet organizer installed by his dad, we'll put the closet doors up tonight, and we'll get some shelves put up to decorate the walls. The pack-n-play will go in our room so she can sleep in the napper for the first few weeks so we'll have to re-organize the room! We're almost ready for you, Bubs!

Daddy putting the swing together

We're making progress on the room!

I LOVE how the organizer turned out!
Our little projects all week have finally paid off. My Uncle Pete has been here a lot this week working on various projects. He finished the drywall mud for some holes that were left open, worked on putting the trim on the walls, and changed our locks. 

He also looked at our kitchen sink situation... ever since we moved in, the sink fills unless you turn the garbage disposal on and then the dishwasher does not drain. He pulled the garbage disposal out, and then the pipe fell apart -_- The pipes going into the wall are so corroded and rusted, you can barely fit a pinky finger through the pipe. That's the reason nothing has been draining. Now we need to call someone to replace the pipes and get all of that stuff out of there. It's a huge pain in the butt, but I'm glad we found out now. Knowing I was drinking that water grosses me out, but thinking about cleaning Nora's bottles with that water makes me cringe. We'll see how much my dad can do before we have to call someone. It will be worth it though.

My dad came last night to help Bryan put the appliances back so now we have a functional house! We have a small army coming tomorrow to help us finish some of our last projects. Bryan and his dad will be changing all the outlets and putting new covers on, putting door stoppers on behind the doors, and helping us install some shelves in the laundry room. My mom and grandma are going to help paint the kitchen (and then we can put our valances up!) and the newly mudded white areas in various parts of the house. Then Julie and I will be putting up Nora's tree!

Well, this is our little porch! We took the gates off of the sides, spray painted the rust, and then I scrubbed the lattice, the side of the house, and the concrete with dish soap and a scrub brush! I never took a "before" picture, but it looks a lot better!

Our living room FINALLY put together! We're still working on what to put on the walls and where to put the baby stuff


Almost done!

The laundry room looks MUCH better now! Hopefully we can get some shelves in there for some storage

 So we're working on getting Nora's doors painted white, the hall closet doors painted brown, pictures put up on the wall, and making the 3rd bedroom into an office.



We're so close!

4 comments:

  1. WOW the house looks so good and so does Nora's room!! I love all her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love her stuff too. I'm jealous of her cute little room :) The big tree goes up today!

      Delete
  2. The house is looking amazing! I can't believe you are doing all of this at 9 months pregnant- I can barely keep up with just general cleaning in my house. Our toilets finally got cleaned for the first time in a month ha! Bella looks like such a sweet dog- there's nothing like a Lab to keep you company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy moly it gets exhausting! I also don't have toddler running around though.. THAT has to be exhausting in itself! I lay around in bed all day and then semi work at night. Nora's room is fun for me and then Bryan and my dad do all the rest haha. Bella is such a good girl. She loves coming over to hang out!

      Delete