Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 26




How Big is Baby: 

  •  She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range!
  • Her eyes are forming, and they will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.
  • The nerve pathways are becoming more and more developed, making her more responsive to sound. She might startle now and comfort herself by sucking her thumb :)


Holy Moly.... I can't believe how big she is!

Weight Gain: +9 pounds (but we'll see what happens at my next appointment!) I've been drinking a ton of water and trying to make healthier decisions when it comes to breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I've been eating more peanut butter, mixed nuts, yogurt, fruit, and not quite a gallon but I drink about 90+ ounces a day. Dinner comes and sometimes we eat crap, but there's only so much healthy food I can eat! I do try, but I'm not going to make myself miserable by depriving myself of food if I want it!

Gender: Girl!

Name: Lenora (Nora) Quinn

Symptoms: Lots of symptoms have come up this week!

  • Exhausted
  • Hip and lower back pain at night
  • Crazy mood swings- Crying a lot because I'm angry, happy, sad, you name it
  • Even though I drink a gallon of water during the day, I'm still dehydrated in the middle of the night
  • EXTREME heartburn :( We bought some better tasting TUMS and some Prilosec OTC. The heartburn is so awful sometimes that I just lay sitting up in bed wimpering. Bleh... lava guts!

Sleep: I've been so tired, but once I'm asleep, I toss and turn all night. I've been sleeping with a pillow under my hips to relieve some pressure. LOTS of crazy dreams too!

Movement: I've been able to feel lots of jabs, kicks, and punches... but now she's big enough for me to feel her sitting in new positions. Sometimes she finds a new place to sleep and I can feel her little body trying to poke out of my skin! Sometimes it really hurts!

Food Cravings: None really!

Food Aversions: Morning sickness is 95% gone. It still comes back once in a while when I'm hungry.

Rings On or Off?: On during the day, off when I go to sleep

What I'm Looking Forward To: The baby shower and moving into our new house!

What I Miss: Sleeping on my back and belly, not so many aches and pains

What I'm Loving: Everyone knowing I'm pregnant and her kicking like crazy! I also love talking to her :)

Week 26 and feeling my big girl grow!

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks! For some reason I thought BH were tightening of the belly on the outside, but when I looked them up, I found out they sometimes feel like cramps. I've been getting them on and off for the past couple weeks. The other night they were so bad they woke me up :( I think that might have to do with the fact that I'm so thirsty in the middle of the night.

Belly Button: In and I don't think it will pop out!

Next Drs Appointment: April 17th for the 28 week appointment and glucose test!

Best Moment of the Week:

 Going to Chuck E Cheese with Evelyn! She had such a good time :)

Goofy faces with my sisters

All of us squished in the photo booth!

Bryan and I also went to the Michigan City Outlet Mall because it was 66 degrees! We went a little crazy in the Carter's store :)

Little socks!

My mom LOVES mice so we had to get this. I love it :)

$8!

Zebra outfit :)

The zebra onesie

I love elephants :)

The elephant onesie
The elephant sleeper

Bows :)


Grandpa's Sweetheart :)

She loves her daddy already!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute clothes!! As for weight gain... uhhhh your tiny!!!! I don't even wanna tell you how much I've gained but it's a whole lot more than you!! I was told I need to eat more protein. I am eating carbs with no protein so sometimes I see spots! Kinda scary. But you keep eating whatever you want!! You haven't gained anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive wardrobe! Love the elephant stuff especially!

    ReplyDelete