Monday, January 7, 2013

Ultrasound

We went in for our ultrasound to date my pregnancy. I already had an idea of where I was at, but I left my phone at home at the time of the first appointment and completely drew a blank when she asked for my last period! She suggested an ultrasound... and hey... I wasn't going to fess up after that!

Bryan and I held hands as we watched our little baby wiggle all over the screen! She dated baby at 13 weeks 2 days (which is 6 days sooner than we had thought!) so now we know we have a big healthy baby! He wiggled and squirmed and kicked all over the place. It was hard to get him/her to stay still for long enough to snap a picture! At one point, he/she kicked so hard that he/she was standing up on his/her head and then laid very calmly on his/her belly.

I drank some orange juice and ate some food before the ultrasound so I think that might be the reason he/she was so crazy in there! We have a very active baby with a heart rate of 154 bpm.

Seeing that little tiny human squirm and wiggle was so amazing. I laid there holding Bryan's hand and cried tears of happiness. I'm so glad I got to see an ultrasound. It really makes everything a little more real. It's crazy to think that little crazy tiny human is inside me... and he/she depends on me for everything. I couldn't be more excited!

The picture we announced with!
<3

Goofballs

Ultrasound and Onesie

Close-up!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your ultrasound went well. Congrats on your beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo we have the exact same due date! That is awesome, congrats. I love seeing the ultra sound pics

    ReplyDelete